The Back to Basics area is one in a number of programme areas falling under the Basecamp Programme of the Moot and is aimed at creating a space for scouts to engage in a range of educational and fun activities built to develop skills such as orienteering, pioneering and survival, etc.
The Area Lead, in collaboration with their team, will take ownership over the development and delivery of the programme area.
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.
- Work together with the Head of Basecamp Programme to ensure the delivery of the Moot’s educational objectives,
- Take ownership, develop and coordinate the area in collaboration with their team, other planning team members and external partners,
- Build and lead a team to develop and deliver the designed activities during the Moot,
- Efficiently coordinate a team of IST during the event.
Is this the right role for you?
- Are passionate about bushcraft and making things from natural materials?
- Do you have experience in pioneering, fire building, navigation or other Scout skills?
- Are you able to build, develop and lead a medium size team?
- Are you an organised, technology-literate, resource-creative person?
- Do you have a keen interest in educational methods and programme delivery?
This role will require time investment, from 2021 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.