The Spirituality area is one in a number of programme areas falling under the Basecamp Programme of the Moot and is aimed at creating a space for participants to explore their own faith, spirituality, the faiths of others, experience and connect with representatives from the world’s major religions and different faith groups and understand and consider spirituality in the modern world.
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement expenses policies (whichever is the most relevant) will be paid.
- Work together with the Area Team Lead to ensure the delivery of the Moot’s educational objectives,
- Take ownership, develop and deliver activities inside their area in collaboration with their team, other planning team members and external partners,
- Efficiently coordinate a team of IST during the event.
Is this the right role for you?
- Are you knowledgeable about the different religions and the Messengers for Peace programme?
- Are you passionate about differences and able to reflect them in a positive environment?
- Are you a team player with an interest in getting involved in an international team?
- Are you an organised, technology-literate and a resource-creative person?
- Do you have a keen interest in educational methods and programme delivery?
This role will require time investment, from 2021 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.