The 16th World Scout Moot is recruiting a communications specialist, within the Marketing and Communications Department. If you want to be part of an international team, to help Market, Promote, and Document the next world scout moot, this is for you. We are looking for someone with the skills and experience to help tell the story of the moot to Rovers around the world.
If you want to be part of an international team, to help Market, Promote, and Document the next world scout moot, this is for you.
- Work with the SMC (social media and comms) Team Lead to execute the Social Media plan.
- Help create and curate content for our online channels.
- Respond to HOC, CMT, IST and Participant questions regarding the moot.
- Engage with rovers around the world and grow the brand of the moot through social media.
Requirements and Skills:
- Ability to communicate through English.
- Be an active member of your NSO/NSA
- Working knowledge of Social Media, and current trends.
- Experience in Mailchimp, Hootsuite and Zendesk.
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in community management / customer service position.
- Experience in volunteering at a World, Regional, National Event in a Media/Content/Marketing capacity.
- Ability to communicate in another language would be very handy!
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.