The WSM 2022 Data Management Team is recruiting a data analyst to support the Data Management team in analysing data, finding statistics and trends, and displaying relevant data and results to the other departments.
The Data Analyst will report directly to the Data Management Team Lead.
This is for you if you:
- Have a good understanding of databases (PostgreSQL), SQL, analytics and data visualisation,
- Understand the types of data collected during the running of a largescale event; and
- Would like to learn more and be a part of an international event.
- Work with the Data Management team to understand the data available in the database, and from there be able to query the data and pull-out results to display to the team, the other Departments and the core team. The ideal person should be able to portray results for the use cases the departments may have.
- Work with the various Departments to ensure necessary data for their desired results is available. If not, to be able to think of what else you can show to give a similar result
- Work with frontend teams to ensure any charts, graphs etc will be shown on a front end.
- Be able to develop dashboards for each department and for various Moot use cases.
- Be able to show the overall analytics from the Moot and compile a report after the event.
Knowledge in Data Analytics, SQL and a Data Visualisation Platform (Eg. Tableau, Power BI) is an essential.
Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is preferred but not essential.
This role is ideal for motivated, enthusiastic individuals with very good attention to detail and have the ability to display results clearly, who are organised, diligent, and work well in a team environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates knowledge of databases, SQL, analytics, 1+ years data visualisation experience;
- Is confident in creating dashboards to show results clearly
- Strong attention to detail;
- Is self-motivated and highly organised; and
- Works well in a team.
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.