The WSM 2022 Data Management Team is recruiting front end developers to support the Data Management team in developing a database front end that should be accessible to
The Front End Develop will report directly to the Data Management Team Lead, but mainly work with the Website Coordinator in the Information Management Team.
This is for you if you:
- Have a good understanding of website development and design, and user access management.
- Understand how to use HTML, CSS etc.
- Would like to learn more and be a part of an international event.
- Work with the Data Management team and Website Coordinator to develop a database front end which can be used by IST, Staff, Heads of Contingents and Participants to be able to see and edit details which will then be reflected in the database, design various websites and input a secure login function.
- Work with the Communications Team to ensure website and possible application is as per Moot Design.
- Work with Data Analysts to ensure their dashboards are visible to various teams.
- Be able to ensure User Access Management on the website and show different content for different user types.
- Be able to troubleshoot the website
Knowledge of WordPress, Bootstrap, SQL and connecting websites to backend databases is preferred but not essential.
This role is ideal for motivated, enthusiastic individuals with very good attention to detail and have the ability to display results clearly, who are organised, diligent, and work well in a team environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates knowledge of HTML,CSS, 1+ years website development experience;
- Experience with WordPress desired but not required
- Strong attention to detail;
- Is self-motivated and highly organised; and
- Works well in a team.
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.