Are you interested in recruitment and looking to gain more experience in the field? Would you like to play an integral part in organising one of the biggest events of 2022 in Ireland? We are currently looking to recruit a head of recruitment to take the lead of sourcing and recruiting candidates across a wide variety of roles, making new friends and gaining invaluable job experience along the way!
This role offers a unique opportunity to develop skills and gain experience in an advanced recruitment role, making it invaluable for CV’s and career progression. You will also meet and work with an enthusiastic and friendly team, making new friends across the globe. Perhaps most importantly, you have the opportunity to touch the lives of thousands of young scouters, providing them with an unforgettable experience and leaving a legacy of excellence that future events will strive for.
- Gain an understanding of each team’s plan’s and priorities and implement a recruitment strategy to meet these needs
- Forecasting to ensure that team needs are met in line with recruitment timelines agreed upon
- Applying role specific strategies to ensure recruitment is marketed widely and diverse in nature
- Managing and delivering any reports to do with recruitment in line with needs of VS
- Updating applicant tracking system and keeping applicants up to date with stage of process
- Experience in recruitment, ideally in a larger organisation with a variety of roles being recruited for.
- Both professional and volunteer experience is relevant.
- Experience with international scout events, preferable from IST level or higher.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role will involve liaising with other departments regularly as well as candidates.
- Experience with recruitment tools
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.