The 16th World Scout Moot is recruiting a Team Lead for Marketing, within the Marketing and Communications Department. If you want to be part of an international team, to help Market, Promote, and Document the next world scout moot, this is for you. The Marketing Team Lead will work closely with the Department Head, and other team leads to plan, and strategize a marketing strategy for both print and online media. The ideal candidate is
If you want to be part of an international team, to help Market, Promote, and Document the next world scout moot, this is for you.
Requirements and Skills:
- Ability to communicate through English.
- Be an active member of your NSO/NSA
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines, and able to work under pressure, independently.
- An in-depth knowledge of Scouting, and Scouting Events is desirable.
- Be able to tell a story and Inspire every rover in the world!
- An ability to make tough decisions, and to work independently.
- Manage a team of Storytellers, who are working together to sell and promote the 16th World Scout Moot.
- Work with the Department Head to define a strategy for the next 2 years of the Moot’s planning and growth.
- Drive bookings and sales for both moot participant and IST places, and apparel/merchandise.
- Grow relationships with brands and partners to unlock potential sponsorships for the event.
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in leading a team, in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Experience in volunteering at a World, Regional, National Event in a Media/Content/Marketing capacity.
- Ability to communicate in another language would be very handy!
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.