The 16th World Scout Moot is recruiting a Show and Ceremonies Designer within the ceremonies team. If you want to be part of an international team, to help provide world class shows, events and performances this is for you!
If you want to be part of an international team, to help provide world class shows, events and performances this is for you!
- Work together with the Head of Ceremonies and the team to create and design the Shows and Ceremonies that will take place during the Moot
- Assist in the coordination and development of multiple Ceremonies and Shows for basecamp as well as resources of the trail leads
- Work together with the Head of Ceremonies to build a technical team to design and deliver the Ceremonies and Shows.
- Work together with the Head of Ceremonies to audition and select the Masters/Mistresses of Ceremonies
- Work closely with the Head of Ceremonies and other departments across the Moot Planning Team to ensure delivery of a World Class Moot Programme,
- Work with other Moot teams, especially the Basecamp and Trails Programme teams, to ensure the programme experience is truly varied and exciting.
- Do you have an interest in performance, entertainment and ceremonies?
- Do you have experience with WOSM youth programmes, particularly for the Rover age range?
- Do you have experience in the performing arts?
- Are you an organised, technology-literate, creative person?
- Do you have a keen interest in coordinating tasks and creating achievable objectives?
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.