The 16th World Scout Moot is recruiting a Team Lead for PR & Media, within the Marketing and Communications Department. If you want to be part of an international team, to help Market, Promote, and Document the next world scout moot, this is for you. We are looking for someone with the skills and experience to help tell the story of the moot to international media around the world!
- Ability to communicate through English.
- Be an active member of your NSO/NSA
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines, and able to work under pressure.
- An ability to make tough decisions, and to work independently.
- Knowledge of the public relations and news media landscape is necessary.
- Understand media needs, and relationships between media and organisations such as the Moot.
- Manage a team of Spokespersons to help tell and, sell the moot brand
- Manage the release of factsheets and potential news stories
- Responsible for all PR and Media visits during the event
- Responsible for developing and executing a youth spokesperson programme
- Grow relationships with brands and partners to unlock potential sponsorships for the event.
- Grow and recruit a team of Irish and International reporters, PR liaisons, journalists.
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in leading a team, in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Experience in volunteering at a World, Regional, National Event in a Media/Content/Marketing capacity.
- Ability to communicate in another language would be very handy!
- While not essential to their successful appointment, applicants who have experience in the Irish media network will be at an advantage.
This role will require time investment, from 2020 right through to the Moot itself, and post-Moot review. This role will entail continuous remote and possibly face-to-face meetings both on evenings and weekends. The successful individual(s) will also be expected to attend the Moot event in its entirety and will likely need to be available in the days prior/post Moot for logistical and delivery purposes.
We do not recommend taking another major voluntary role in the duration of this project.
We require good standing checks to be completed by every candidate. Please refer to "How to apply" page in the menu.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a voluntary unremunerated role. However, reasonable expenses in line with the Scouting Ireland & World Organisation of the Scout Movement (whichever is the most relevant) expenses policies will be paid.